Bus Fees Increased to Cover New Contract Costs
Faced with a 38 percent increase in the bus service costs, the Board of Education approved in February 2020 a new bus fee for every rider starting in the 2020-21 school year. The 2020-21 individual fee will be the same as this year but applied to all riders with a tiered discount for multiple siblings. The board is also phasing in the full fee over two years to help families adjust. Read more details behind the decision in the February, 2020 Board Briefs.
Labor and Maintenance costs increased the transportation contract by 38%. The board approved increased fees for 2021-22 at the March 2020 Board meeting.
Bus Services are provided by First Student. Please direct specific busing questions to your school's administrative assistant:
NBJH: Sharon Gail
Greenbriar: Diane Gillis
Meadowbrook: Annie Danstrom
Westmoor: Tracy Ferraro
Young Explorers: Helene Josephson
Our transportation provider, First Student, offers a bus tracking and transportation communications app for your smartphone. Please be advised that the tracking feature will not be operational for the first couple of weeks of the school year.
FirstView provides several features designed to help parents and students monitor their bus route, including:
* Live Tracking
* Predictive Stop Arrival Times
* Custom Alerts and Messages
* Multi-Stop View
* Dedicated Customer Support
To get started with the FirstView App, see a video demo by visiting FirstViewapp.com.
Download the App through Google Play or the Apple App Store.
Custom Alerts and Messages When setting up the App, you will be prompted to:
* Select your state (Illinois)
* Select your district (Glenbrook—we are paired with the high school).
* Your student’s ID number. (if you don't know your student's ID number, please contact your school administrative assistant)
If you have a question regarding the route or stop assignment, please contact Dan Fritsche (847) 724-7200 or via email.
For questions about the App, contact FirstView Monday-Friday by:
* Calling (888) 889-8920 from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.;
* Emailing Customer Support at email@example.com or
* Using the in-app “!” button to provide feedback.
We hope all of our students and parents will find this tool to be a great resource!