Student Rights and Responsibilities
I have the right to expect:
- An environment where I can learn.
- That I will be respected by others.
- To be listened to and be heard.
- To be myself.
- To feel safe.
- To be safe.
- That my property is safe and that I will be allowed to use school property to help me learn.
- To learn.
I have the responsibility to:
- Come to school prepared and ready to learn.
- Act in a way that allows others to learn.
- Show respect for other people's feelings in what I say, how I speak and how I act.
- Be honest and speak with respectful words and tone.
- Appreciate others' differences in culture, gender, race, religion, language and age.
- Follow school rules.
- Act in a way that will not hurt other people on the inside or the outside.
- Respect and care for the property of others and the school.
- Do my own schoolwork, pay attention in class, work with peers and ask for help when I don't understand.