Parents Rights and Responsibilities
I have the right to expect:
- that my child will be provided a safe learning environment.
- collaborative communication with teachers.
- all staff to treat my child with respect.
- discipline that is fair and consistent.
- that I will be notified of academic concerns.
- that I will be notified of behavior concerns.
- that I will be listened to and be heard.
I have the responsibility to:
- support expectations and school rules.
- set good examples at home.
- promote regular attendance and notify the school when my child is sick.
- have my child arrive on time for school.
- teach my child the safest route to school.
- teach my child to respect others, school rules, and property.
- communicate my concerns to teachers/principal/staff.
- provide a supportive environment for homework and studying.
- keep my child healthy and prepared for school.
- assure that my child understands these rights and responsibilities.